Tuesday, October 6, 2026

A Little Boy

 

Sunday morning, a little four-year-old boy rode the Sunday school van to church.  I was sitting in the fellowship hall when he walked by, so I was closer to his eye level.  I smiled and said, “I like your Bluey tee shirt.”  He proudly responded, “It has a pocket.”  And with that, he showed me the little chest pocket in his Bluey tee shirt.  I looked concerned and said, “But it doesn’t have anything in it.  Here, just a minute.”  And I took out my wallet and produced a dollar bill, folded it, and put it into his little shirt pocket and said, “Now you have something in your Bluey pocket.”  And I smiled.  And he smiled too.  Psalm 127:3, “Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD …”  Hey, make a child smile today.  And you will smile too.  And the good Lord will smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment