Last week, I got a load of clothes out of the dryer and dumped them onto the bed to fold. I like to surprise Marleen with folded clothes. (still on the honeymoon, you know) But, I had a single sock left over. And socks are supposed to come in pairs. So, I retraced my steps back to the dryer looking down at the floor. But no sock on the floor. I looked in the dryer, but no lonely sock left in the dryer. I looked in the washer for a damp sock, but no sock. I looked in the dirty clothes hamper for an unwashed sock, but still no sock. Now I had a real mystery! I rechecked each place again and found the orphaned sock in the washer! But I had just checked the washer, and it wasn’t there!! How did the sock just appear in the washer? Later that day, I was sharing the mystery with Marleen and she laughed. She said, “Often small items get stuck onto the drum when the front-loading washer spins the final rinse water out. It must have just fallen down after you looked in the washer the first time.” Mystery solved. Hey, there are mysteries in life too. Some things are revealed to us, but other mysteries are left to the Lord alone. Deuteronomy 29:29, “The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.”

No comments:
Post a Comment