I am my own worst enemy. Let me explain. I could lose 10 pounds if only I would go to bed at 6 pm right after supper. That’s because I am a snacker, and I snack all the way up until I go to bed. But then my snacks roll around in my stomach. So, last night, I was rummaging through the refrigerator and my eyes lit upon three slices of left-over garlic bread. Yummy! Yummy at 6 pm, but not at 10 pm! The spicy garlic and the greasy butter fought a war in my stomach until 2 am. They fought the war, but I was the one who lost the war. For 4 hours I thought, “Why do I make such poor choices?!” I would like to blame my great-great-grandfather, Adam, but I can’t. Making poor choices is just in human nature. We all make poor choices, but some choices have life-changing consequences. Who to marry; who to hang around with. A poor choice in eating garlic bread will last for 4 hours, but a poor choice in a relationship may last a lifetime. Joshua made a good choice in his life. He admonished his fellow countrymen in Joshua 24:15, “… choose you this day whom ye will serve; … but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” May you and I make good choices today, is my prayer.

No comments:
Post a Comment