Marleen keeps her toaster under the cabinet in an appliance corral. She likes to keep the countertop nice and clean. I toasted a bagel this morning for breakfast and then grabbed the toaster to put it away. Note above that I had just toasted the bagel, which made the toaster hot. Note again that I grabbed the toaster which was still hot. Not a very bright move, Gerald. I set the toaster back down rather quickly to let my fingers cool a bit. Most people would have remembered that the toaster was hot, but not me. I was focused on the bagel. Hey in life, I often forget little details that are nonetheless quite important (like toasters that are still hot). I have 5 things to do today, and I must prioritize them. All of them need to get done, but one or two may have to be pushed off until tomorrow. So, I need to pray and read my Bible first so that the rest of the day falls into place. Hey, that’s a good plan for you too. Try it. Psalm 34:4&6, “I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.” Put first things first, and have a good day.

No comments:
Post a Comment