Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ruth 1:16,17



Ruth 1:16,17 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. Wow! Ruth was such a kind, loving daughter-in-law to Naomi. Naomi had no one to take care of her, and Ruth knew it. So Ruth made the commitment to stick with Naomi. Ruth turned her back of her pagan religion, her ungodly relatives, and her familiar past life. She made the commitment to Naomi, to Naomi’s land, to Naomi’s people, and to Naomi’s God. Ruth even said that she would die and be buried there in Naomi’s land! What a wonderful commitment! What a picture of commitment that we should make to God! We should stick with God until we die! God should be everything to us, just like Naomi was to Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment