Thursday, July 23, 2026

Ants! Yikes!

 



I got back Friday evening to my little home from a week in Parkersburg West Virginia to find ants all over the kitchen counter.  Now, I keep my kitchen clean (most of the time), but those tiny invaders were looking for any tiny morsel of food that they could find.  And I like all of God’s creatures, but only outside of my house.  I got out a vial of ant bait, snipped off the end, and set it out.  I’ve used this bait effectively, and I knew the process.  But the first time that I used it I was worried.  The ants were attracted to the bait like it was candy.  And for a day or two, my ant infestation actually increased!  Word got around to the rest of the ant colony that Whitely had a giant trove of food right on his kitchen counter!  But the word on the street was only half true: the food was laced with poison.  And after feasting, the ants took the bait back to their home and fed everyone else in the whole colony.  But within 2 days, the entire colony was wiped out.  And what a great lesson for us!  Hey, sin has consequences!  Sin is fun … for a season, but afterwards it destroys!  Proverbs 14:12, “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”  Don’t take the bait!  Think before you fall for Satan’s lies.  God’s way is always the best way; Satan’s way is the way of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment