I have been going to cardiac rehab for three years this coming September, and all of those years have been post-covid. One of the last covid reminders was the “dirty” and the “clean” pencil containers on the counter. I was pleasantly surprised this past Friday morning to find that the “dirty” and the “clean” containers were gone and a single pencil container was there. Just pencils. Nothing to remind me of those terrible covid days. Hey, I’m still trying to remember to cough into my sleeve and not into my hand, like I learned in Miss Gagean’s class in 1960. My old, “good habit” was no longer proper in 2020. My, my, how things have changed. And the simple pencil container was a back-to-normalcy reminder that brought a smile to my face. I’m glad to forget covid! And I’m even more glad to forget my sins. I’m so glad that Jesus took my sins away, and now I can get on with life in Him. Oh. I still struggle with sins, but the dear Lord has given me a new purpose and a new life. I’m glad that the old life is gone! Micah 7:18&19, “Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity? … he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.” And like those dark covid days, my odious sins are in the past to be remembered no more!

No comments:
Post a Comment