Friday, July 24, 2026

Internal Time Clock

 

I have an internal time clock, and last night, I put it to the test.  Let me explain.  Yesterday was a busy day.  Marleen made supper and invited me over (Yummy!).  And afterwards, we went to church to install carpeting in her Sunday school classroom.  We worked a little too long in the evening, so I got home late.  But when I started unloading the contents of my pockets onto the dresser, I discovered that I had left my cellphone at church.  Bummer!  It was late and too far to drive, so I decided just to get my cellphone Friday morning.  But alas, my phone is also my morning alarm clock.  I was so tired that I thought: If I wake up on time, I wake up; if I don’t, I’ll just skip exercise and sleep in.  But This morning (Friday morning), I woke up at 4:18 am instead of my usual 4:15 am.  Not bad timing!  My internal clock was within 3 minutes!  The apostle Paul spoke of good timing in Romans 13:11, “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.”  Hey, it’s time to get busy for the Lord, because the coming of Jesus Christ is nearer than it was when Paul wrote those words almost 2,000 years ago.  So, good advice Paul.  Get busy for the Lord before it’s too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment