Saturday, October 5, 2024

October 18

 

Well … I got the results last Tuesday from my prostate biopsy, and it was not good.  I have stage 2 prostate cancer.  But it is the best of the worst.  Let me explain (if I can).  The urologist that my family doctor recommended is trained in a new procedure (2015).  And since 1. I am otherwise relatively healthy, 2. my prostate is not enlarged, 3. the cancer is only in one of eight biopsied areas, 4. that one area is easily accessed, I am a candidate for aquablation (a robotic ablation procedure using high pressure water as the knife).  Dr. Mullins has done 100 of these day-surgeries with 100 successful results.  So, why am I posting this?  Well, my surgery is scheduled for October 18, and I am asking for your prayers.  If you are not currently on praying ground with the Lord, just keep scrolling down facebook to the next story.  But if the Lord knows you personally and you know Him, please pray for Gerald Whitely (and Dr. Mullins) about 1 pm on October 18.  Thanks in advance for your prayers.  Hey, we are in the hands of the dear Lord each day, but some days, it is more obvious.  Psalm 37:23-25, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”  Well said, David, well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment