Friday, October 30, 2020

B.B.Gun

 


I bought my grandson a B.B. gun.  His parents were not too thrilled with me, but I don’t care; I didn’t buy it for them.  But the gun has to stay at my house.  My only rule is that Bennett can’t shoot my birds that eat at my bird feeder.  We have killed many a tin can.  We shoot holes in apples and plastic bottles and you-name-it.  I bought Bennett that B.B. gun because I remember all of the fun times that I had when I was a boy with my B.B. gun.  And I remember the warnings that my dad gave to me.  I remember my B.B. gun locked up for two weeks after an infraction.  But that’s how I learned.  Why is it that boys are drawn to dangerous things?  I think it’s in our DNA.  Hey, do you like to take risks?  Or do you like to play it safe?  I think that there is a risk-taking streak in all of us.  Jesus asked Simon Peter to take a risk one day on the sea of Galilee.  Luke 5:4, “Now when he (Jesus) had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.”  Peter had fished all night and had caught nothing and was doubtful, but he obeyed, took a risk, and caught the biggest catch of fish of his life!  Hey, are you willing to take a chance on Jesus?  Are you willing to step out by faith and trust Jesus?  Remember, He will NEVER let you down.  Trust Jesus; you’ll never be sorry that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment