Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tree Stand

 


I’m not much of a hunter, but I know many men who are.  My Uncle Gray took me with him squirrel hunting, but I couldn’t keep quiet long enough for him to get a shot at a squirrel.  Rabbit hunting requires dogs to run the rabbits.  And deer hunting calls for a tree stand.  A hunter in a tree stand has an advantage over the deer because deer never look up.  Deer never have danger from above.  Well, almost never, until opening day of hunting season.  Hey, sometimes Satan gains an advantage over us.  We feel that we have weak areas and strong areas in our lives.  And because we aren’t looking for his attacks in our strong areas, we become overconfident.  Sometimes we aren’t prepared for Satan’s clever advances because of our pride.  Peter warns us in I Peter 5:8, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”  Hey, Satan is on the prowl.  Don’t be like the deer; don’t be oblivious to danger.  Be careful and vigilant, and above all, trust in the Lord.  He can defeat Satan and keep you safe.  He can and He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment