Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Little Decisions; Big Differences


Life is made up of little decisions that seem to be insignificant but can have tremendous consequences.  Let me explain:  I know this isn’t the way that you should do things, but this is how it happened to me:  When I was a senior in high school in 1967, my dad encouraged me to go to college.  I had a pastor who attended Tennessee Temple College, and I had a cousin who attended Bob Jones University.  I got applications from both schools, but I couldn’t decide which one to choose.  The application fee was $25 for Bob Jones and the fee was $10 for Tennessee Temple, so I chose Tennessee Temple.  At Temple I met my wife and we have been married for 49 years.  We have four children and five grandchildren.  And all of this was because of a little decision that I made one evening in 1967!  If I had decided to attend the other college, the trajectory of my whole life would have been different.  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:5&6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  I am so glad that God directed my path to Tennessee Temple, where I joined the Concert choir where I met my future wife Kathy.  Hey, God has directed my steps in a wonderful way!  Let God direct your steps.  He will!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment