Thursday, I had my day all planned out. Marleen was working, and I had a woodworking project that I was anxious to get into. But alas, the drain in the kitchen sink had other plans for me (note the picture). I got a plunger and tried the simple fix. No good. I crawled under the house – no simple matter because the crawl space access door was under the back deck: a little lower than my back in a crawling position. Did I mention the gravel under my knees? Using my 15-foot sewer hand auger (commonly called a snake), I rodded as far as I could. Then I noticed a sag in the sink drain line going to the main sewer line. The original plumber assumed that water ran uphill, because the drain line went downhill and then uphill for 10 feet. I used installed hangers to attempt to straighten out the sag. But it had taken 10 years to get the sag, and I wasn’t going to get it out in one afternoon. After my 3rd trip to Lowe’s, I replaced the entire sink drain line. When Marleen came home, the sink drain was flowing freely, and I was her hero. Well worth the backbreaking work. Hey, plans change. Are you flexible? If the Lord has another plan for you, are you willing to go with the Lord’s plans? James 4:13-15, “Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.”


No comments:
Post a Comment