Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Work Truck

 


Tuesday, I went to Home Depot to pick up some cat-5e wire and connectors.  I parked my truck and walked by an older work truck.  But this work truck caught my attention: it had two fishing poles sticking out of the back of it.  I thought to myself, “Good for you!  You are an honest, hard-working man, but you also take the time to stop and enjoy life!”  How often do I let my work become my life?!  Work is not who I am, work is what I do to make money to live to do the things that make me who I am.  Colossians 3:23, “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.”  Whether you work or whether you play, do both with all your might!  Remember, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”  But, “All play and no work makes Jack a poor boy.”  Moderation is the key.  Hey, today, enjoy your work and enjoy your play ... and thank the good Lord for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment