Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Propigation

 


Marleen has several green plants inside that do well in the winter.  But in the summer, she likes to move them out onto the screened in porch where they get a little more sunlight and fresh air.  And they thrive on the porch!  The philodendron has grown almost 4 feet long!  So, Marleen cut it off, put the two clippings in a jar of clean water, and has started two new little plants.  I wish that children were as easy to propagate.  But children take a lot of work, a lot of patience, and a lot of understanding.  But then children are more rewarding than green plants that just sit there.  Children bring joy, excitement, … and grandchildren.  Psalm 127:3-5, “Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them …”  I’m so glad that I have a quiver full of children … and an auxiliary quiver full of grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment