Sunday, April 10, 2011

Read Psalms 118:8  Our verse is talking about which side you are on.  When I was a little boy in the 4th grade, we usually played softball at recess.  There were about 20 boys in our class.  When we went outside the first thing was picking sides.  Usually the two most popular boys got to be the captains.  Then we had to decide who picked first. So the two captains took the bat and took turns grabbing hand over hand up the bat until only one could grasp the bat by the handle.  That one got to pick first.  I wasn't a very good player, so I didn't get picked very early in the choices.  But I didn't care as long as I got to be on Robert Domby's side.  He was quiet and not a leader, so he was never a captain.  But when he hit the ball,  he would smack the cover off of it!  He hit a home run every time!  So, even though I wasn't a very good player, I always won when Robert was on my side.  When we have God on our side, we will always win.  So we must try to decide what God likes and dislikes, and try to be on His side.  Then we will be a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment