Sunday, February 24, 2013

Read Proverbs 23:13 & 14  Oh no!  Here we go again with verses about correction!  It seems like every other verse in Proverbs is about fools and spankings.  Why do you think that is?  I think Solomon is worried that his son might be thought of as a fool if he doesn't listen to his father.  I think Solomon is worried that his son might not correct his son, Solomon's grandson.  So am I saying that I want my sons and son-in-law's to spank my grandchildren?  Well . . . that is a difficult situation.  If it takes spanking for my grandchildren to grow up and be good adults and love God,  I suppose spankings are necessary.  But I want my sons and son-in-law's to spank my grandchildren when I am not there to see it happen.  If I don't see the spanking take place, it is not painful to me -but it is for you!  Actually, spankings should not be done in public.  Spankings should not be done at church or out at a store.  Spankings should not be done in front of other people.  Spankings should be done in the bathroom or in the bedroom.  The purpose of spanking is not embarrassment.  The purpose for spanking is correction.  If you do not listen to your parents, they must get your attention by spanking you.  They do it because they want you to turn out to be a fine adult.  They love you and look past today and look into the future.  The future when you will be a polite, self-controlled adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment