Sunday, June 14, 2015

Genesis 27:1-4



Genesis 27:1-4 And it came to pass, that when Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, so that he could not see, he called Esau his eldest son, and said unto him, My son: and he said unto him, Behold, here am I. And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death: Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Isaac was old and in poor health. He wanted to give his official family blessing to his oldest son, Esau. So he told Esau to go out and kill a deer and prepare the meat just like he liked it. But Rebekah wanted Jacob to get the family blessing. So she prepared a kid from the flocks just like Isaac liked, and told Jacob to lie to his dear old father and pretend that he was Esau. Isaac fell for Rebekah and Jacob’s trick and gave the blessing to Jacob. When Esau got back from his hunt with the savory deer meat, it was too late. Jacob already had the blessing. And was he mad! Rebekah said, “Jacob, you had better go to my home town until Esau calms down and everything blows over.” Jacob knew she was right and he escaped to his uncle Laban’s home. Esau made poor choices, Rebekah, his mother, made poor choices, and Jacob, his brother, made poor choices. And the entire family was broken up because of so many poor choices. Do you know a family that has problems because of their poor choices? It could be someone in your family has made poor choices and you are having to deal with the consequences of those bad choices. God wants us to make good choices. But God still loves us if we make bad choices. The only problem is that we have to live with the results of our bad choices. We should think. Think of what will happen if we do something dumb before we do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment