Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Matthew 10:32,33


Matthew 10:32,33 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Jesus is proud of us. But the question is, are we proud of Jesus? Do we stand up for God when someone curses and uses God’s name in vain? Or are we fearful and say nothing. Let’s put it this way, if someone were making fun of your mother, would you speak up and say something? Of course you would! What if someone were making fun of your Granddaddy? Would you take up for him? Of course not! Ha, ha! But it is much more serious if someone curses and uses God’s name in vain. Years ago, I had a coworker who used God’s name in vain constantly. One day I spoke up and asked, “Hey, Alvin, are you a preacher?” He looked startled and confused at the same time and said, “Of course not!” I went on to say, “Well you talk about God so much, I thought that you must be a preacher.” He got the point. He didn’t clean up his language, but at least he knew that I loved God. Hey, do your friends know that you love God? I hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment