Friday, April 8, 2016

Matthew 23:25,26



Matthew 23:25,26 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. I have been taking Jami Peterson to dialysis Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the past two months. I pick her up at 5 AM and i don’t like to be late. So i leave the house a little early and drive to the BP gas station near her house and wait until exactly one minute till five and leave. Well, five o’clock is early, so I go inside and buy a cup of coffee. I soon found that their coffee was $1.49, but refills were 99¢. So I started keeping my Styrofoam coffee cup from day to day. If I keep the lid on it, it stays pretty clean until the next time. But if I forget to put the plastic lid on the cup, it rolls around in my truck and gets really gross. Just like our verses for today, I don’t worry about the outside of my cup – after all, I drink out of the inside. But if the inside is nasty, well, I just have to throw the cup away and buy a new one. The inside of my coffee cup is way more important than the outside. I think that God agrees, the inside of our hearts is way more important than the outside. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment