Friday, March 22, 2019

Electric Cart


I had an interesting morning.  Since I had knee surgery one week ago, I have been itching to get out.  I needed some things at Wal-Mart, so I drove (cautiously) in my van.  Without a handicap placard, I had to park pretty far away and hobble in on my crutches.  Just inside the store, I got on the electric cart and began my learning experience.  Shoppers can be rude.  Many wanted to get ahead of me, and many ignored me.  Some left their shopping carts right in the middle of the aisle acting surprised to see trying to get around.  Some folk were nice and gave me a smile.  But not many.  Most were indifferent.  As I carried out my three items swinging from plastic bags on my crutches, a Wal-Mart employee offered to carry them to my van.  I smiled.  All of humanity is not lost.  I didn’t even get his name.  His name tag was missing - he must have been on break.

No comments:

Post a Comment