Friday, May 3, 2019

Angry Birds


I’ve got a Roku box and every once in a while, I play “Angry Birds” with it.  For those of you who don’t know, Angry Birds is one of the dumbest games that has ever been invented - but it’s addictive.  These little round pig heads are nestled inside of stacked boards and blocks and the object is to launch one of three angry bird heads from a rubber band to break down the stacked stuff and destroy the pigs.  When I miscalculate and a bird head misses its mark, the pigs grunt lustily and squeal with delight.  They make me sooo mad!  Hey, that’s exactly how Satan and his imps treat me in my spiritual life.  They goad me into making mistakes and then they laugh with delight at my failures.  But if I just take a moment and call on the Lord’s name in prayer, those forces of evil aren’t laughing any more.  They slink away into the sewer where they came.  Evil can’t abide the light of day!  Thank you, Jesus for fighting my battles.  “I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend; And I know that Thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end. Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more!”

No comments:

Post a Comment