Thursday, May 31, 2012

Read Psalms 127:3,4&5  This is a great analogy.  Do you remember what an analogy is?  It uses a story to teach us something about real life.  This story is about arrows and a mighty archer.  But the real life story is about a man who has children.  King David used a story about an archer who had several arrows in his quiver (his arrow bag) to show that a man who has several children is blessed.  When an archer went into battle, he had to be prepared.  He didn't take just one arrow with his bow, he took all the arrows that he can hold in his quiver - his arrow bag. It took the archer a long time to make his arrows.  He had to be careful when he put the steel arrowhead onto the wooden shaft.  He had to put the feathers on the other end just right so the arrows would fly straight to their intended target.  Just like the archer took great care with his arrows, I  had to take great care raising my 4 children.  Alex has 3 children.  Eric has one child.  And soon, John will have one child.  Raising good children is hard work.  As a dad, I had to take the time to correct them and stay onto them to do the right things.  "Have you done your homework?" I used to say.  "Did you take out the trash?"  "Did you make your bed and clean up your room?"  I was constantly working on my children.  But now I have 4 grown up adult children who have children of their own.  And now, as parents, they know what to do.  The care that the archer took to make his arrows is just the care that I had to take to help my children grow up the right way.  But now, they are a blessing to me.  Someday you will be a blessing to your dad.  Work hard at growing up right and make your dad proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment