Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Read Proverbs 15: 32  Some people never think that they are wrong.  When someone corrects them they are defensive.  Do you know what defensive means?  Defensive means that you think that others are picking on you.  May be your mother says, "Someone left the garage door open."  A defensive person will quickly say, "It wasn't me!  I didn't do it!"  Your mother may reply, "I wasn't accusing you.  I just said that someone left the door open."  There is a joke that a defensive person who went to a football game saw the team in a huddle down on the football field.  They said, "I think those football players are down there in that huddle talking about me."  Ha, ha!  I think that we have seen several times in Proverbs that it is good to take advice.  It is good to listen to others who are older and wiser that you are.  Our verse says that someone who refuses to listen to instruction hates his own soul.  You are actually hurting yourself if you do not listen to wise people.  The last half of our verse turns the words around and says that if you do listen to advice, you get understanding.  Let me put it this way: if you listen to advice, you get smarter.  If you ignore advice, you get dumber.  Pretty simple,  isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment