Thursday, August 6, 2015

Exodus 20:"22-24



Exodus 20:22-24 And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven. Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold. An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, ... all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee. God called Moses up to Mt. Saini and gave him the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments tell us how to live our lives and how to please God. God is not a harsh bully that orders us around; God loves us and made us and knows what is good for us. God knows that sin is bad for us and for others. The first four commandments have to do with our relationship with God while the last six commandments have to do with our relationships with other people. In Mark, Jesus said that the Greatest Commandment was to love the Lord our God with all of our soul, mind and strength. Then Jesus went on to say that the second greatest commandment was to love our neighbor as ourselves.  All ten of the commandments can be divided up into those two areas: Love God and love each other. Those are great words!

No comments:

Post a Comment