Saturday, August 4, 2012


Read Proverbs 14:12  I do a lot of traveling and I enjoy going to new places.  But one of the problems with going to a new place is that you may not know exactly where you are going.  New places in Michigan and Ohio are easy to find because the land is flat and the roads are straight.  When you start out going in a certain direction, you can keep right on going in that direction.  But I was in West Virginia this summer, and it is hard to find your way around in West Virginia.  That is because of all of the hills and hollers.  I am sure you know what a hill is, but a holler…  Well a holler is what people in West Virginia call the space between the hills.  A holler is the valley, usually with a stream going down it.  And in West Virginia, the streams and hollers, and hills are snaky – they curve all around.  You may start out going in one direction, just following the road around the hill, and pretty soon, you are going in the opposite direction!  At one place I visited this summer, I was told to make three right hand turns in a row.  I thought that I would be going in a circle - but I didn’t.  After I made the first right hand turn, the road followed the hill curving left.  After I made the second right hand turn, the road curved left again, letting me make the third right hand turn.  I had to just follow the directions and I could get to where I wanted to go.  I couldn’t worry about the hills and curves in the road; I had to depend upon the one who gave me the directions.  I had to follow their directions.  Our verse for today says that we may think that we are going in the right direction, but that is only what we think.  We don’t know the future.  We don’t know what is going to happen to us tomorrow.  But our heavenly Father does!  He sees the curves in life’s road and knows where we need to go.  He knows what is best for us and how to best get to where we need to be.  That is if we are willing to follow His directions.  We think we know what is best for us, but our way leads to death.  God’s way leads to life everlasting.  And God’s way leads to a happy life here on earth as we are on our way to heaven.  Trust God and you’ll never be sorry that you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment