Sunday, August 5, 2012

Read proverbs 14:15  When someone tells you something, do you believe them?  I usually do, but sometimes I get suckered in.  Some people believe anything that someone else tells them.  Solomon calls them simple and they can easily be led astray.  They believe anything that someone tells them.  When I was in the first grade, I had a friend who told me that he was a bird expert.  He told me that he could get me any kind of bird that I wanted.  But he was only a first grader.  I was suckered in.  I believed him.  He was just telling me a whopper of a lie to make himself look good.  So I told him to bring me a peacock.  The next day, he said that he hadn’t found on just yet.  Each day I asked him if he had my peacock.  He had an excuse every day.  He said that he had come across a whole flock of peacocks and had run in to catch one, but had stumbled and they all got away.  I kept on believing him even though he never brought me a peacock to school.  I learned from that experience.  Was Toby in the first grade a bird expert?  No, he wasn’t.  I should not have believed him.  You should only believe someone if they are trustworthy.  You should only believe someone if they are old enough to know what they are talking about.  And lastly, you should only believe someone if they have knowledge in the topic that they are talking about.  Should you trust someone who is ten years old when they talk about driving a car?  Why not?  Should you trust a poor man when he tells you how to get rich?  Why not?  Should you trust someone when they tell you how to get to heaven?  Why or why not?  When someone tells you something, stop and think!  Do they know what they are talking about?  Can you trust them?  Should you trust them?  Who are some people that you can trust?  Who are some people who you cannot trust?  Can you trust God?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment