Sunday, February 15, 2015

Nehemiah 6:1-4



Nehemiah 6:1-4 Now it came to pass, when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and Geshem the Arabian, and the rest of our enemies, heard that I had builded the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though at that time I had not set up the doors upon the gates;) That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief. And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you? Yet they sent unto me four times after this sort; and I answered them after the same manner. Sanballat and Tobiah didn’t give up. I’ll give them that. They were sneaky and evil, but they never quit. They had tried to join Nehemiah. That didn’t work. They tried to intimidate Nehemiah. That didn’t work. Then they tried mocking Nehemiah. That didn’t work either. Now they asked Nehemiah to come out and talk with them. But Nehemiah was onto their evil plotting. He knew that once he was outside of the wall, they would jump him and do him in. So he ignored their invitations. Not once, but four times! Nehemiah gave his busy work as his excuse for not coming to their meeting. But he was telling the truth. Why should he leave his great work to just talk? It was silly. he had too much to do to take time to talk. Often we get distracted too. We have to stop and think, “What is the most important thing for me to do?” Then we should do it! Don’t be distracted. Do what God wants you to do first!

No comments:

Post a Comment