Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Galatians 6:1



Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. We should never sin, but we do. And when we do, we should ask forgiveness immediately. But sometimes we don’t realize that we are doing something wrong. That’s when we depend upon our Christian brothers and sisters to help us. For example: I leave my house in the morning and forget to look in the mirror. I may have some egg from breakfast left on my shirt collar, but I don’t know that it’s there. So when a friend of mine sees it, he will tell me so that I can wipe off the egg. That’s what our verse is talking about. When we happen upon a friend involved in sin, we should talk to them about it. We should not gossip to others about our friend, we should go directly to them. And when we tell them, we should be kind about it. We should have the attitude of helping, not controlling or gossiping. We should be willing to help each other and we should be willing to listen to others when they have to talk to us about our sin too.

No comments:

Post a Comment