Tuesday, June 4, 2019

2:81 AM


My dear wife and I have different ideas of what a “good night’s sleep” is.  She likes to go to sleep, sleep all the night through, and wake up in the morning.  But I like to go to sleep, wake up in two hours, look at the clock, and say to myself, “It’s only 12:30 AM. I have six more hours to sleep.”  And then I wake up at 2:30 AM, look at the clock, and say to myself, “It’s only 2:30 AM.  I have four more hours to sleep.”  And so forth and so on.  But this morning, I woke up, looked at the clock, and saw that it was 2:81 AM.  I was startled.  I had never been awake at 2:81 AM before.  So, I got up, turned on the lamp, found my glasses, and looked at the clock once again.  But with my glasses on, it was 2:31 AM.  But now I was wide awake and couldn’t go back to sleep, whether it was 2:81 AM or 2:31 AM.  Oh well …

No comments:

Post a Comment