Sunday, June 23, 2019

Steamy Shower


I got up this morning and took a shower to get clean for church.  But I forgot to turn on the bathroom fan before I got in, and when I stepped out of the shower, steam had filled the bathroom.  I dried off, opened the door, and began to use the door as a giant fan to get the vapor out so I could see a little.  Within moments, the steam had cleared, and I could continue to get ready for church.  But then I paused again.  I thought of James 4:14, “… For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”  How true!  It seems like only yesterday that I was in high school.  And that was 55 years ago!  Hey, don’t laugh at me.  You’ll turn around twice and your life will be over - your life here on earth, that is.  But you will live forever somewhere.  The question is, where will that somewhere be?  Think about it before your brief life is over.  That vapor lasts for such a very short time.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment