Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Bragging ... Or Not


My nine-year-old grandson, Bennett was telling me about his vacation on the lake in Alabama.  He said, “We were tubing behind this boat and my shorts were coming off and I was holding onto them with one hand and the tube with the other hand, but my hand was slipping off the handle on the tube, but I was hanging on with one finger -”.  And then he paused.  He looked thoughtful and said, “Granddaddy, did I sound like I was bragging?  Because if I did, I didn’t want to be bragging.”  My heart melted and I said, “No Bennett, you were just excited about your time on the lake.  You weren’t bragging.”  Hey, if we check ourselves, we don’t need to worry about pride.  That “still small voice” will keep us from bragging.  No Bennett, you are fine.  You and God are going to do great things together.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bro. Gerald. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a Bible teacher and your concern for your grand children and young people to be watchful in their walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. I have enjoyed your post about one of your grand child Bennett. I have four grand daughters and it reminds me of the opportunity to encourage them in the walk with the Lord though they are between the age group of 6 months old to 10 yrs old. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this grewat city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young grand children who are in their late teens and above to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from ou very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete