Tuesday, August 6, 2019

X-ray Machine


My nine-year-old grandson spent the day with me.  Well actually, he spent the day in my back yard sandbox while I worked in the driveway.  But he loved it.  He must have lost one of his Hot Wheels cars in the sand box because he asked me, “Granddaddy, could you use your X-ray machine to find my Hot Wheels car?”  Well first, he assumed that I had an “X-ray machine”.  And next he assumed that I would stop what I was doing to use my X-ray machine to find a little car.  But the car was important to him, so it was important to me.  I got a rake and found the car right away.  Clever Granddaddy.  Hey, isn’t that how we are with God?  Usually we only pray because we have a need.  We want God to stop what He’s doing (running the Universe) and help us tiny humans with our tiny little problems.  But God stops and helps us because he loves us.  “Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.” Psalm 103:13,14  Thank you, Lord for your goodness and kindness to me each and every day.  Can you say, "Amen”?

No comments:

Post a Comment