Sunday, August 11, 2019

Spiritual Therapy


My knee had been steadily getting better from my surgery in February, but kind of reached a plateau about a month ago.  After consulting with my primary care doctor, I went back to physical therapy last week.  Thursday, my physical therapist was working on a muscle in the back of my knee when I protested.  He asked, “Does that hurt?”  I made the mistake of saying that it did, so he bore down right on that spot.  Again, I said, “Hey, that really hurts!”  Chris said, “There seems to be a knot there, and I need to work it out.”  over the next ten minutes, I came close to crying a couple of times.  Then he instructed his assistant to take me through some exercises to work on that muscle.  At home that afternoon, my leg hurt and hurt.  The next day, I did some physical work in the morning.  Around noon, I realized that I had been working all morning without any pain!  That physical therapy session the day before had really worked!  It had accomplished what needed to be done - although with considerable pain on my part.  Hey, that’s exactly what the Holy Spirit does in my spiritual life!  He presses down upon sinful areas that need to be cleaned out.  The Holy Spirit does not give up until I come clean with Him.  He patiently loves me back into fellowship, even when it seems painful for me.  The Apostle Paul said it best, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”  II Corinthians 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment