Saturday, February 5, 2011

Read Psalms 51:10  This is a good verse to remember when we have been in trouble.  I get into trouble a lot of the time.  Do you?  Sometimes my trouble is not my fault; but usually it is.  When I was a boy, I used to get into trouble.  My cousin would dare me to do things and I would do them.  But soon, one of the other kids would tell my father what I was doing.  Then I was in trouble!  In our verse, David was in trouble.  He knew he needed 2 things from God:  he needed God to clean his heart and he needed God to give him the right spirit about his trouble.  It is important that we have the right attitude about our trouble.  It is easy for us to blame someone else for our trouble.  But we are the one to blame.  Our trouble is our own fault!  That is the right spirit - don't blame someone else.  But most important of all, we must admit our sins before God and ask His forgiveness.  Then God can give us a clean heart and get us back in to fellowship with Him.  After we admit that we have done wrong, isn't it good to feel forgiven?  Isn't it good to be back where we belong?

No comments:

Post a Comment