Saturday, February 19, 2011

Read Psalms 89:1  David said that he would sing unto the Lord for two reasons:  First David would sing to the Lord because of God's mercies.  Do you remember the difference between mercy and grace?  Grace is God giving us something good that we do not deserve, and mercy is God not giving something bad that we do deserve.  God's mercy would be Him not punishing us when we deserve to be punished.  Then secondly, David said he would sing unto the Lord because of God's faithfulness.  Sometimes we are not faithful, but God is always faithful.  Have you ever forgotten something important that your mother or father told you to do?  I have.  One time I was supposed to pick up grandma Poppie at the bus station, but I completely forgot.  She was standing there at the bus station waiting for me and I was hanging around at home.  When she called to see where I was, I was so embarrassed!  I got into my car and hurried right down to the bus station!  God never forgets us!  He is always there when we need Him.  That's because He is faithful.  We may forget, but God never forgets.  Isn't that wonderful!  I think I'll sing a song to God right now.  Can you think of a song that you could sing to God right now?  Why not just sing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment