Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Read Psalms78:6  Our verse for today says that it is important that we teach our children about how God was good to us.  Our children need to know that God has been good to us and has blessed us because they don't know the blessings that we have had.  We have to tell our children about the blessings.  Before I was born, there was a preacher in West Virginia by the name of  Brother Garten.  He was the preacher at Shady Springs Community Church.  Someone gave him a subscription to a Christian magazine, the Sword of the Lord.  He read the magazine and became excited about God's Word and began serious preaching at his little country church.  My father and mother attended that little church and got saved only months before I was born in 1949.  Because of their decision to follow God, when I was born, they took me to church and I grew up learning about God.  So, I was saved when I was only 6 years old because I was taken to church every Sunday.  When each of my children were born, my wife and I took them to church where they learned about God and where they were saved at an early age.  That is called a Godly heritage.  We are not saved because our parents are saved; we are saved because we go to church and learn about God and decide for ourselves that we are sinners and need to be saved.  What a wonderful heritage to pass on to our children and grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment