Saturday, March 7, 2015

Esther 5:6-8



Esther 5:6-8 And the king said unto Esther at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? even to the half of the kingdom it shall be performed. Then answered Esther, and said, My petition and my request is; If I have found favour in the sight of the king, and if it please the king to grant my petition, and to perform my request, let the king and Haman come to the banquet that I shall prepare for them, and I will do to morrow as the king hath said. After dinner, the king couldn’t wait any longer. He asked Esther what she wanted. What was she up to? Queen Esther was gorgeous and kind. The king said, “I will give you anything up to one half of my kingdom!” But Esther’s request really left Ahasuerus guessing. She asked that he and Haman come to a banquet tomorrow! Now King Ahasuerus was really intrigued! What was Esther up to? Why was she so secretive? He loved it! A Mystery! And Haman loved it too. He went home to tell his wife all about his wonderful evening – except there was that loathsome Mordecai still slinking around the palace doors! Oh, how Haman hated Mordecai! Haman was in a foul mood when he reached his house. “I have an idea,” his wife said as he fell into his recliner. “Why don’t you build a huge gallows to hang Mordecai on? That will cheer you up.” Haman perked right up. “A gallows,” he thought. “To hang Mordecai on. Now that is a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment