Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Job 40:1-5



Job 40:1-5 Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said, Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it. Then Job answered the LORD, and said, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth. Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further. When Job tried to answer the Lord, he soon realized that he had nothing to say. How can anyone argue with God! That is crazy talk! When you think of a point that you could make, God already has that point figured out. How can you argue with Someone Who knows everything? And if that isn’t enough of an advantage that God has, He also knows what you are thinking! God is so far ahead of man that it isn’t even funny. And Job finally figured that out. The only thing that Job could do was just to put his hand over his mouth. God had won. Job had good arguments with his three friends, but he had nothing to say to Almighty God. And we are no better than Job. If we read it in God’s Holy Word, we just have to believe it. We can’t argue. We can’t offer excuses. We just have to say, “God, you are right and I am wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment