Friday, April 3, 2015

Job 42:7,8



Job 42:7,8 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job. Job was a righteous man. And God knew it. But Job’s three friends accused Job falsely. And God knew that too! So God took up for Job and told his three friends that they were wrong. So God told Job’s three friends to offer a sacrifice for their attitudes. But God went a little further. God said that the three friends needed to ask Job to pray for them. They were not in a position to pray for themselves – they needed Job to pray for them. That is a good lesson for us. When we are in trouble, ask someone who is close to God to pray for you. Both of you can get talk to God together. Sometimes we need someone to pray for us. That is called intercession. And Job’s three friends needed Job to intercede to God for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment