Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Matthew 6:33



Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. We only have but a few hours in a day. Often we run out of time. I do! Sometimes I get up and hit the floor running. I have a lot of things to get done. I often say, “Clothes, you’d better jump on because I’m in a hurry!” I begin to plan my day as I’m running out the door. And as I head out, it’s easy to forget to spend time with God. I can’t see Him. God doesn’t yell at me or command me to talk to Him. But I must make time for God. If I don’t think about God and make time for Him early in the day, soon my day is so busy that I don’t have time to think about God at all. Soon my day is over and I have used my day all for myself. But, if I stop and think about God first thing in the morning, I will think about God all day long. If I put God first, my day always goes smoother. My day is filled with the things that God would have me to do. So I usually go to Chick fil-A, I get my three count Minis and coffee and sit down with my Bible. I write out a memory verse on a 3 by 5 card. I think about God first. After all, isn’t God already thinking about Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment