Friday, June 3, 2016

I Corinthians 1:12,13



I Corinthians 1:12,13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? Paul is being very clear about the unity that is needed in the church in Corinth. It seems that the church had several little groups that stuck to themselves and looked down their noses at the other groups. And that’s too bad in a church. Paul reminded them that Jesus Christ was not divided. If you are followers of Jesus, you get along with each other. If you fuss and fight, you are not really a follower of Jesus. It’s just that simple. Paul asked if he died for their sins. Of course the answer was, No. Well then, did Peter die for their sins? And again, the answer was, No. So may be Apollos died for their sins. Once again, the answer was, No. Only Jesus died for their sins and we all follow Jesus. All of us. So if Jesus isn’t divided, we shouldn’t be divided. Pretty simple, isn’t it?! Let’s all just work together as best as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment