Monday, June 13, 2016

I Corinthians 2:14




I Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. When we talk about spiritual things, most of our friends really don’t understand. That is because they are not Christians. I had a friend years ago who worked with me. He was not a Christian, but we were pretty good friends anyway. Once he asked me, “Why do you give all of that money to church? It just doesn’t make any sense.” I didn’t answer him; I just asked him a question, “Why do you pay all of that money to buy cigarettes and then you light them with a match and just burn them up? It just doesn’t make any sense.” Then he understood. What made sense to him didn’t make sense to me and what didn’t make sense to him made perfect sense to me. He didn’t understand because he wasn’t a Christian. he would have to become a Christian in order to understand. But he never did. At least I don’t know that he did. I still need to pray for Randy.

No comments:

Post a Comment