Saturday, February 9, 2019

"Fear" God


I just heard a preacher on the radio mention “the fear of the Lord.”  How can we love a God that we fear?  The fear of the Lord is a reverential fear and not a cowering fear.  We are not afraid that God will reach down from heaven and zap us when we displease him.  God is like a loving father and an impartial judge.  When I was a boy and did something wrong at school, I was afraid of my father.  I had disobeyed and displeased my father.  But after I confessed my fault and made amends, my close relationship with my father was restored.  When we sin, we should justly be afraid of our heavenly Father.  But we should run TOWARDS Him and not run AWAY from Him.  If we confess and forsake our sin, our heavenly Father will forgive us, and our close relationship with God will be restored.  God loves you.  Do you love God?

No comments:

Post a Comment