Saturday, February 23, 2019

Sea Turtle


My right knee has been giving me fits, so I spent the morning watching mindless TV resting on the recliner.  I usually watch cowboys, but they weren’t on yet. Too early for cowboys to be up, I guess.  So I watched Ocean Treks, Lifeline Rescue, and SeaWorld animal rescues.  SeaWorld rescued a hatchling leatherback sea turtle who had a deformed shell and couldn’t make it from the nest to the water.  After surgery, medication, and weeks of rehabilitation, the little guy was reintroduced into his natural habitat.  But I began to think.  All of that intense effort, time, and money was spent on a turtle.  What about the little babies who face abortion in New York, right up until the day that they are to be born.  Or if the governor of Virginia had his way, even after they are born.  What if such effort went into cutting the cost of adoptions?  What if everyone focused laser-like attention toward a home for each baby that needed one?  We don’t have to kill babies.  We just need to get the word out.  We just need to mobilize love and compassion, just like SeaWorld does for turtles.  These are real children … children that their Maker loves.  Hey, do we love them too?

No comments:

Post a Comment