Thursday, February 21, 2019

William Grant Nelson


Dr. Grant Nelson of Elkton, Maryland passed away yesterday.  He was a great pastor who had a tremendous impact upon my life.  Brother Grant took three of us middle school students to the Bill Rice Ranch in Murfreesboro in 1961.  We loaded up in his 1958 Ford Galaxy and traveled two-lane roads 600 miles to Tennessee.  Four summers later, I surrendered to God’s call upon my life there at the Ranch.  Brother Grant took me to visit Tennessee Temple College, where I enrolled and later met my wife.  Brother Grant was a good pastor, a Godly example, but most of all, he loved the Lord and he loved people.  He would talk to anyone and everyone about their eternal destiny.  Hey, isn’t that what Christianity is all about?  Matthew 22 sums it up like this: love God and love your neighbor as yourself.  Thank you for your example, Brother Grant.  You have entered your reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment