Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Ants


I have a hummingbird feeder on my back porch.  But it has been invaded by ants.  Those little buggers are persistent.  They found the hummingbird nectar all the way up the pipe and into the feeder.  Now, I have nothing against ants, but they have fouled up the feeder with dead ant bodies on the inside.  So I devised a way to wrap duct tape around the pole to deter the ants.  Several ants got stuck on the tape, but most were still getting into the feeder and clogging it up.  So I got some axle grease and slathered it all over the pole.  Again, a few ant bodies in the grease, but a hundred ant bodies in the feeder.  Then I looked at the situation a little closer.  I discovered that the ants were climbing up INSIDE the pole and coming out the end of the pipe past all of my fortifications and getting into the hummingbird feeder.  Ingenious.  So I caulked the pipe full of gunk and have been ant free ever since.  but now, they have taken over my garbage can.  Oh well.  Solomon too noticed that ants were resourceful.  Solomon reminded the sluggard that the ant doesn’t even have a boss to tell her what to do.  She just takes initiative and does what needs to be done. “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.” Proverbs 6:6-8  Hey, are you a ‘self-starter,’ or does someone have to tell you what to do?  Why not consider the ant.  If you don’t have any, come over to my back porch and my garbage can.  I have plenty of ants to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment