Monday, September 9, 2019

Missing Box


I helped a friend over in Lookout Valley last week with some trim work.  My old table saw finally gave up and quit working.  I had to get a new 10” Kobalt saw to finish the job.  When I finished, I packed up all of my tools into my ’96 GMC pick-up and was ready to go when I saw the empty Saw box still sitting there.  I was ready to go home, so I quickly threw it into the back of the truck on top of the tools.  As I started out the driveway, I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw the box securely wedged behind the new saw.  But when I got to Chick fil-A four miles later, there was no box in the back of the truck.  Oops.  Somewhere, that big box had blown out onto the road.  So, I would like to apologize to the Cadillac that was behind me last Saturday just past noon.  I didn’t mean to dent your hood.  Really.  I didn’t mean to.  By the way, that’s what we are told to do in Matthew 18:15, “Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.”  If someone offends you, you may not know that you have offended them.  So the burden is upon them to come to you and to tell you that you have dropped the box on their car.  Or, have offended them.  Wait a minute.  I have confused the story. Or have I?  If someone has hurt you, you should go to them.  They may not know their offense.  And, we should love one another and forgive one another.  So, am I off the hook with my box?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment