Saturday, September 7, 2019

Don't Get Caught!

I like to watch the little birds in the back yard, so I have bird seed and blocks of suet for the woodpeckers. I keep them in the basement, and I noticed yesterday that a mouse had chewed open one of them. So, I got a piece of cheese and set two traps in strategic places near the ‘scene of the crime’. So, this morning, when I got up I went down to see if my traps had been successful. One was where I had set it, but the other was missing. Possibly a murder mystery. I searched and found it sprung, underneath the pool table. The same pool table that is used to store everything. But that’s another story. So, I had a bigger problem. Literally a bigger problem. So I went to Tractor Supply and got a rat trap. I was a little skeptical that I could catch the culprit since he had been freshly irritated by the little mousetrap. So, I used some greasy hard salami as bait. Tonight, I went down to lock up the basement door and found the rat in my trap. I couldn’t believe it! That rat knew about traps - he got out of a little on last night, and here he was, caught in a bigger, more powerful trap. I suppose the allure of the luxurious salami was just too hard for him to resist. Hey, isn’t that the way we humans are with our sin? We know the Bible verse that says, “… be sure your sin will find you out.” Numbers 32:23 But we still just fearlessly dabble around in our pet sin. We think we will get away with our cover-up. But, if we continue in our sin, we will get caught. And that’s a fact. God’s Word is true: “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.” I John 2:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment