Sunday, October 13, 2019

A Simple Action Is really Complicated


When I raise my hand, … well, I raise my hand.  But what really goes on?  Bear with me - I have a point to make.  There are muscles and tendons connecting to the phalanges of the fingers and the wrist bones connecting to the ulna and radius bones of the forearm.  Then those are connected by other muscles and tendons to the elbow and the humerus bone in the upper arm.  These must be connected to the shoulder muscles and rotator cuff including the scapula and clavicle bones.  All of these muscles are controlled by nerves traveling to and from the spinal cord to the brain.  And these muscles must be nourished by blood through arteries and veins.  Oxygen and nutrition flows in while carbon dioxide and wastes flow out.  And this is just to raise my hand one time!  Hey, the Church is called “the body of Christ”.  We all have different abilities and talents, but we are all necessary.  We should love one another and work together to get things done.  I Corinthians 12:12, 26, 27 says, “For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.”

No comments:

Post a Comment